Sunday, June 21, 2009

having a near empty wallet

I'm broke. Who's not anyway? My friends and I were texting these past few days talking about how hard it is to look for a job. I know. I've been through that stage. I am thankful I have something to do. They thought I was earning enough. No. I love what I do, yes. But when it comes to compensation, I would rather not talk about it. I even told them I still am looking for another part-time job. Was I kidding? No, I am serious.

This is my job. Certified part-timer. Part-time Instructor, Part-time blogger, Part-time Direct Seller, Part-time load seller and now, part-time clicker on ads. Ya know, one of the ways on earning online. Hmmm..interested?? click here!

I had to do this, so I could help my father to pay something for the utility bills, weekly food budget, allowances, necessities, and something for my sister's needs at school. Tuition fees for a nursing student is skyrocketing. Thanks still to our dear cousin who's helping until now. God bless po ?:-D

One time, was about to cook something for our lunch. Nah, simply fried fish. No cooking oil was available. Unsaon ni ron, wa na koy pampalit ug mantika ["Oh no, i'm running out of cash and I had to buy some"], told myself. Was looking for something on my wallet when a P20 bill popped somewhere. I guess the magic was there. hehehe ?:B

Ya know what I did, I cooked the fish on the minimal cooking oil left in the kitchen. Much better to cook this way. Cooked naman siya. It made me realize the importance of using the stored supply even to its last drop, which we usually do.

I still bought 1/4 kilo of cooking oil in a nearby store, for future usage.

Lunch is served. I could hear my stomach growling. The viand was simple, very province yet yummy and tempting. Surprisingly, my generous sister volunteered to buy Pepsi. I was touched.

Payday is way a week ahead and i'm having near empty wallet. I know soon enough, it will be filled but just for the meantime since most will be used for payments.

No comments: