Friday, October 31, 2008

I now eat DURIAN

Some calls it the "crater" fruit. Pretty obvious because of its appearance. I knew someone who grimaces whenever she sees it. Para daw kasing nafi-feel ng mukha niya ang tusok-tusok sa balat nito, hahaha!! They say, you are not a Mindanaoan if you don't eat durian. Really, huh? I answered raising my one eyebrow.

Sometime around July or August, I was able to finally took the risk of tasting the fruit they call 'taste like heaven but smells like hell'. Our house is engulfed by the strong odor it distributes everytime my sister's bf brings this fruit.

Dinner time, my sister took out a medium plastic ware full of Durian meats, which will serve as dessert. They were encouraging me. A small taste wouldn't do me any harm. So, I took a pinch. They all looked at me when I put a small Durian meat into my mouth and awaited for my reaction, or violent reaction, hehehe. It taste good pala, sweet, delicious. I took
another one. Yummy! Wow, they all smiled. And that started it all..Durian peaks during Kadayawan in Davao.

I'm not that good in choosing the good-tasting durian but as far as I know, PUYAT and MALAYSIAN variety is satisfying.

It's costly nga lang nowadays at P60/kilo. It drops during off-peak season for as low as P25/kilo.

Before, only Papa and sis eats durian. Even our pet dogs loves it! Now, I could say DURIAN taste heavenly.

No comments: