Saturday, June 14, 2008

crying for help

Do u remember that TV Patrol episode where a zoo personnel feeds LIVE ANIMALS on crocodiles?? Di ba nakakainis? The goat was like crying for help..oh boy! It looked like they were used to do it..Those people should be punished!! 'eh kung sila na lang kaya ang ipakain sa buwaya! Nakakapanggigil sila'..sana PAWS took an action on that..i know I’m not the only one that voices sentiments on animal cruelty..my good friend KN shares the same and my
fellow pet lovers..

It was around August of 2006 I think when our town came up with a new “ordinance” (sort of) to capture dogs roaming around the streets [strays, particularly] including those pets that sneaks out of the compound kahit na ba may breed pa yan..captors likely considers them as stray [so better make sure their leashes is held up tight and make sure to check on them once in a while] then they bring them up to the pound, stay there for 2-3 days and terminate them (I don’t wanna use the word “kill” but that does it anyways) that is, if nobody claims as the owner & pays the corresponding penalty imposed. This is to avoid the spread of rabies and to lessen the number of population of stray dogs and that people in town should develop responsible dog ownership..i dunno kung papaano nila “sila” dini-disposed but I’m not interested in knowing anyway..para kasing naiisip ko na kung papaano..ayokong isipin!! poor poochies..captives..abandoned..terminated..

This ordinance is quite good, making the town more peaceful minus the fear of being attacked or bitten by stray dogs.

I’m a pet lover..we’ve had pets pass my age..i can’t help myself being mesmerize by their loving stare with tails wagging longing for your love..we own four dogs at a cat named lupin.
One time, on my way to the drugstore I’ve heard a mutt crying aloud, to my surprise I passed by the pound..i covered my left ear not to hear it and walked faster..poor thing, it sounded like he/she's in deep pain..

Another instance, my sister and I saw a man forcibly dragging a dog with a rope tied on its leg..as if the poor thing can’t feel the pain being dragged..kung gawin kya sa kanya yun, be humane pud daw..These captors looks more like a monster to me.

Animal cruelty is punishable by law per Republic Act No. 8485, the Animal Welfare Act which provides animals with protection from abuse. Violation of the said Act is punishable with imprisonment of from six months to two years, or with a fine ranging from P1,000 to P5,000.

No comments: