Tuesday, June 17, 2008

GoodBYE, LUPIN..

June 14, 2008, saturday..Pinpin is missing..I woke up this morning overheard from our
neighbor that a cat was found dead in their outdoor bathroom and left an awful smell. Their description fits the looks of our pet. My sister and I stared at each other. I remembered I heard something last night coming from one of our pets, who was trying to vomit. I guess that was Lupin.

I went outside to ask our helper if pinpin was around during meal time & if there was a vomit remains in the DOG house..the answer was negative..i was apprehensive, thinking that the dead feline was our dear Pinpin..when UB took the cat's corpse using a spade, we glanced through the window and saw a part of it..it's in black and white coat.

It took me awhile to step outside the house to confirm. But, UB buried it faster than i thought. I couldn't ask him naman to dug the grave to see. I asked them na lang. I refuse to believe [teary-eyed].

Maybe, he strolled somewhere 'cause cats are used to walk around within the vicinity then goes home whenever they want to. I set 24 hours for him to show up.

When I got home, I asked again if Pinpin was present around dinner time..i received no positive answer..maybe that was Pinpin, my mind keeps telling me..i was dishearten =(

At 8:12 in the morning of June 15, i handed my camera to AV to confirm. She let UB view the picture. They were pretty sure it looked the same..I held a deep sigh. But, part of me is in disbelief..I keep mentioning, 'pakita ka na, pin'.I know one when I see one..I should have look at it in the first place..

Yesterday, on a rainy Monday morning, our helper found a dead cat outside the house within the compound and suspecting it was LUPIN. She told me what she saw. I checked outside. Affirmative. My gosh, that was really LUPIN. The built, face, coat, tail, organ and that black spot on his neck proved it all! Nagpakita nga siya pero not breathing anymore. Pity. It looked like it might have ingested a poison. We dug a spot and bury PINPIN.

He was with us for 5 long years..so loved by our family..has found its way to the heart of each members of the family..

The name LUPIN was taken from the hit 1970s cartoon character. When he was a kitten, he used to steal fish dishes prepared by my Aunt. Hence, we began calling him LUPIN.

We will miss everything about you, Pin..




..seeing you guarding the gate

..seeing you cleaning yourself looking like an acrobat

..seeing you on top of the washing machine, table, divider, kitchen top sitting along hiding your feets to ease coldness

..seeing you curl up like a bean-shaped stuffed toy while asleep





















..seeing your tail wag when being disturb while asleep


..hearing your "meow"

..seeing you play anything that catches your fancy

..seeing you enjoy the meals prepared for you
..seeing you being chased sometimes by rambo, ivory and rovic but you were a fast runner
..seeing you tempted by the smell of the fishes i bought from the market
..seeing you dwell on one of the branches of a tree

thank you for the time you spent with us..

we love you, Pin..goodbye..
















No comments: