Saturday, May 30, 2009

competent!

First batch were ready at 8am..the earlier, the better ikanga. The Assessment venue was ready. They have prepared an array of equipments which we will utilize during the Demonstration. Nerve-wracking, yes, especially for those first-timers. This is my 2nd Competency Assessment, the first one was in Health Care Services NC 2 and hopefully, this one, in FBS [Food and Beverage Services] NC 2.

Most of us were holding on their notes, murmuring, some opts their quiet time under the mango and santol tree while some gathered themselves as a group sharing thoughts and ideas.

When the Assessor arrived, Representative from TESDA and School personnel followed. Then, started the introduction, orientation and began filling up some paperworks.

Pass 11am, half of the group took the written exam, including myself and the other half started demonstrating. It was around this time that I noticed something is hanging on my foot only to find out that my shoes' sole is beginning to separate from its heels. Ewww..embarassing, looked for something that could paste on it but to no avail. Nobody could actually help me. Gosh, I still haven't performed and my shoes bothers me. Its a good thing I brought a pair of sandals so I changed my footwear for the meantime.

12:06nn..Lunch time, I went along with Aileen and some of my classmates to have lunch at Mang Inasal, which just opened few days ago. While waiting, I bought a Super Glue at CWC. There, worry no more. I just had to fix it at school.

Before our names were called, my shoes were on its stable condition (or so i thought). I was confident demonstrating when in the middle of the scenario, I heard a terrible sound somewhere. Shaks, my shoes is at it again. Imagine you were like wearing a wooden shoes. I wanna laugh and scream 'cause of undue embarassment but I manage my composure, I manage to walk slowly. Darn! My partner was keeping herself from bursting with laughter. Me, too.

Right after the assessment, we took pictures as remembrance while waiting for the release of our allowance. And then, Aiza Mae, Jeanalyn, Kring2x, Mavic, Jeanebel had a tummy-filling meal at Chicken Ati-Atihan. Waiting for our meals to be served, Junar, Knowles, Herwin and some friends joined us. We were the coolest group. Our table was filled with so much fun and laughter. I will be missing these faces, my new group of friends, my endearing classmates.

Meet up with Chem before going home. Related to her what we've been through. It will be their turn tomorrow. Break a leg, chem!

Got home around 10:35pm, tired and exhausted but I won't let this day pass without having to post what we have accomplished today so I turned on my PC, still on its malfunctioning color of the monitor. My friends suggested to have this replaced. Maybe, soon. As the budget calls for it.

Thank God for this day. I could now sleep well. Goodnight, everyone! ?:-)

No comments: