Sunday, May 10, 2009

Missing Mama..

Mother's day na, celebrating the most triumphant role a woman does. Being a mother, a wife, a friend, and as an individual desirous to make everything possible for her family. Their role as the 2nd head of the family is no joke.

That's what my mother does in her 39 years on earth. Every 2nd Sunday of May, me and my sister would greet Mama with a kiss. Hug her then utters the sweetest word a Mother wishes to hear, "I love you, Ma". Now that she's gone for almost 16 years, all we could do is stare at her picture, greet her, offer a mass for her, lit a candle for her since we could not visit her tomb in Manila. We're oceans apart from her. But God knows, we do remember her. Most often, we cooked foods Mama used to prepare for us then chat everything about her, funny things about her, mimic how she looks when she's mad and mimic's her voice, as well. 

Sometimes, it still makes me cry remembering the times we've spent with Mama. I cry whenever I watch movies or shows that talks about Moms.  It still hurts, seeing a complete family because no matter what we do, she's not here anymore. We can no longer kiss her, hug her.  

If she had lived, we would have been complete. She could have seen us grow. She could have witnessed when I stumbled and when I stood up. She could have seen me strived for my family. She could have heard me say, "Ma, I've learned a lot from life's realizations". I will still say this though, in my heart, in every prayer. 

But God has reasons for taking her from us.  I understand that. Missing Mama drove me even closer to my mommy friends'. I usually hug them when we bond. 

Read more on my tribute about Mama on May 2007 <---- Click on!

Let us not just celebrate Mother's Day on this particular day but everyday. Show your dear mother the love and care that she deserves. Never forget to say "I love you, Ma [Nay, Mom, Nang, Mang, My, etc.]" always. Constantly hug and kiss her before and after going to the office or school. Life is short, unpredictable.  Show them that you value them despite the times that they nag, talk a lot and scold you.  Bear with them. Understand them. At the end of the day, they would come to you and caress you in a manner they were sorry for what happened.  As daughters and sons, we became responsive through our hugs. Bear in mind you were conceived for 9 months and having you in their uterus for such time is not easy. I've seen a friend when she delivered her son at a Lying-in clinic when we were in College.  All of us were there, witness to the pain and joy after the baby was out. We are the source of their joy, their pride, their happiness. 

I am thankful we have Aunts who acted as our Mother. Who continues to advise, encourage, love, care and believes in us. Thank you for the guidance. 

We love you, Ma. We will always say that, infront of your pictures..by heart. 
We miss you so much.

To my Auntie Nelly, Auntie Myrna, Auntie Betty, Auntie Vicky, Auntie Patching, Auntie Eta, Auntie Baby, Manang Lily, Manang Jean, Manang Sel, Ate Che, Abigail, Manang Gretchen, Auntie Inday, Manang Glenda, Reina, Malyn, Ate Shine, Mama Love, Analiza, Mommy Ana, Jona, Ma'am Jen, Ma'am Ethel, Ma'am Margaret, Ma'am Annie, Ate Grace, Ate Joy, Shevie and to the rest of my friends whose now Moms and Moms-to-be... 

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

No comments: