Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What a partner should be...

These past few days, I've been reading updates from my friends on their facebook status about how happy they are of their partners and to some, how miserable it is of having one.

Oh, boy! The latter was an eye catcher. Some of my friends opened up and I portrayed the role of a listener. Listener, yes. I was like a counselor who is open to whatever my client relates but what I did was just listen. I waited for the chance she/they would ask for a piece of advise. If she wanted one, I'll give one. I'm not saying I'm good at this.

I'm happy that my friends finally settled in and joined the bandwagon. I know my time will come to tie the knot and state vows with him. I just couldn't imagine the scenario. I wish it's just as perfect as I perceived it to be. Me and him enduring the most special day of our lives.

For me though, a partner should be...
Faithful. Respects his wife. Doesn't beat his wife. Good provider. Responsible. Patient. Loving [husband and father]. Trustworthy. Regards mutual decisions. God-fearing and best of it all, a friend for keeps.

I do hope and pray that my future hubby will not make things that will surely wreck the home that we built. I guess that would still depend on the person. No one is perfect, everybody makes mistakes but that should make them realize how important they are to their wives and their kids and to the family as a whole. I do pray God would bless us a happy family.


No comments: