Monday, July 7, 2008

41st Araw ng Davao del Sur..

Note: I was supposed to post this last friday 'cause I was able to use 1 of the units at the internet lab at school but i left my flash drive [which contains my pretyped journal] at home.

July 1, 2008. The people & town of Davao del Sur celebrated its 41st Founding Anniversary and was glorified by a short visit of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo aboard the Presidential Chopper. Her Excellency inagurated the new DSPH-OPD building now with new medical equipments to render a more efficient medical services needed by the DigoseƱos.

At 8am, on my way to our assembly area, I've passed people from all walks of life [students, teachers, government employees, by-standers to name a few] started to fill the streets holding colored flaglets and banners representing their schools, organizations, companies, government agencies, etc. to welcome Madame President.

We were informed to accompany 20 students from NA, IT & HRM departments to the Provincial Capitol to somewhat represent the school. We rode a jeep and shouldered the fare of the students, which had to reimburse by the school, of course..[wink, wink!]

Pass 10am, Her excellency arrived [with a very tight security] at the covered court of the Provincial Capitol and received a warm welcome from the folks of the towns of Davao del Sur. Cameras and video recorders weren't allowed eventhough taken from the outside.

After the event, exhausted and tortured by the scorching heat, we took pictures [posted below] infront of the Provincial Capitol as proof na rin that we did go there and filled the crowd. I just pity those students we accompanied. Some of them haven't taken their breakfast. Mui and I let out a big sigh of annoyance about a certain person who misinformed us about the free meal. Anyways, that's just the way it is.



While waiting for Ate jel to fetch us, moi and i killed the time chatting. We were so hungry, we even jested we could almost hear each other's audible bowel sound. hahaha!!


At jollibee, we saw jenny [our batchmate]. we chatted for more than 2 hours and i tell you, it wasn't enough catching up with an old friend. A lot has been talked about. Goodluck on your new found job, jen!

When I got home, I noticed the pile of test papers I had to check..

I just finished recording their quiz results and pretty glad about it..oh well, the works of a teacher..a noble job to be proud of..

My sister and I rarely watch TV na..

That ended my day. Had to really elevate my legs for standing a long time.

No comments: