Monday, July 21, 2008

rainy monday

Lazy to wake up on a gloomy morning, i have no choice but to force myself to get up on bed. It rained, so great! Perfect scenario i'm wearing white uniform with my blue windbreaker and carrying my sturdy umbrella.

My class was cancelled to make way for the BLOOD FORUM conducted by the Red Cross Davao del Sur Chapter Officers headed by Maam Reggie Palma accompanied by Sir Carl and Sir Ronald. Naikot na nila halos lahat ng eskwelahan dito sa Digos campaigning for the benefits of Donating Blood.

According to Maam Regz 'July is a Blood Donor's Month'. The forum was initiated by Sir Carl Rabor, Red Cross Youth In-charge and Training Officer by introducing the other services offered by Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC), the activities they have been doing and the organization's on-going projects. He shared his/their experiences during disasters/emergencies.

Maam Regz, on the other hand, discussed the National Blood Service of PNRC. A different learning experience. I even take notes of her lecture.

When the program ended, I extended my appreciation to the speakers for taking time to visit our school, for instilling awareness to the students, most especially on Blood Donation. It was a very productive morning. Thank you Maam Regz and company.

My students were surprised to hear my announcement that i am going to give them a quiz about the discussion.

There will be a Mass Blood Letting Activity this Sunday, July 27 at Cor Jesu Gym preceded by a Quiz Bowl Competition at 8:30AM, same venue. Maam Regz stressed that 'IF YOU CANT BE A BLOOD DONOR, YOU CAN BE A BLOOD CAMPAIGNER'. I would probably
do both! A blood donor and at the same time, a blood campaigner.

They'll be back this afternoon.

No comments: