Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our PLDT phone

My phone has already been installed. This morning, I was monitoring my students taking their examinations when my cellphone beep. Finally, i get to receive a text from them. They are going to install my rather our landline phone today and asked if I'm home. I replied "I'm still in school giving exams to my students.." They responded, "text lang kayo, maam. adto sa mi sa laing subscribers.." ["just text us maam, we'll go install another subscriber's phone.."]

Me: "ok. I'll be home around 10am."
I won't let the time pass, it might get delayed again and my frustration might rise up.
PLDT: "ok maam."

I was so excited! I came home around 10:30am. My exam was kinda hard for them, i think. It took them awhile to answer. [chuckles] I texted the technicians I was already home and were waiting for them. They had a hard time looking for our place daw. We don't have street name pa kasi but we do have house # na. And so they began connecting the phone line. I was very observant on what they were doing. I was like the teacher who strictly monitor its students during quiz and exams. Beat that!! I asked everything I was curious about.

It was around 11:35am when our residence already have its phone line. I would definitely spread the news to our relatives domestic and international. The phone is place beside my PC monitor.

I was thinking talaga that includes my internet na but it would follow soon enough since the Service Order hasn't arrived yet, according to them. "Ha? I had to wait again", I answered in dismay. But it won't take long naman daw. Before they left, I extended my gratitude to them.

No comments: