Sunday, August 3, 2008

Accidents happen

Yesterday. 15:43 [that's 3:43pm] on my cellphone. Pi notified me thru text they've had a motorcyle accident somewhere in the accident prone area going to Hagonoy.

I read the message when i got home from the market. I immediately replied where they were taken and how are they doing.

Oh my God, this is the 3rd time. Two of my students from the 1st year, AM class met an accident sometime in June and July. The first one was a Motorcycle accident. On his way to school, his motorcycle slipped somewhere in the Highway. The 2nd one was on a Tricycle accident. According to Rea, there was something wrong with the vehicle's brake and lead to coiling of the wheels chain, or something like that [niungot daw kung sa bisaya pa, hehehe]. It went out of control leaving the passengers in the front seat [including her] placed under
the tricycle. I checked on her at the hospital during breaktime. Got admitted for further evaluation. Thank GOD nothing serious happened. Saved probably by her guardian angel!
Now, Both of my students were perfectly ok. THANK GOD!


Anyway, Mui and I visited them at the hospital and sad to see G in her pity condition. She refused to be seen. No serious injury noted, anyway. But her face suffered contusions, torn lower lip but was already stitched when we get there. She couldn't walk properly due to her swelling thigh. She is set to have her X-RAY taken this morning. I do pray everything will be alright.

The night before, we kept on laughing then last night, it was the complete opposite. Meanwhile, Pi had bruises on her left arm and complained of inability to raise the same arm higher. Pi managed to joke around despite the minor injury she got. Talk about saved by the medium built body..hehehe!

They were given medications for pain. G shares it frightens her when she closes her eyes, the scene of what had happened flashbacks! She must have been traumatized.

Anyways, inside the suite room, it has its own bathroom, TV, mini ref, aircon, mini closet and a luminous crucifix of Jesus Christ to boost the patients spiritual needs.

The room was filled with laughter again as we talked on funny things. At first, she couldn't open her mouth but later on, she manages to join and talks slowly. She would cover her face with blanket whenever she sees us laughing. We would just notice her shoulders giggling. Hehehe!!

I thought of bringing my Digi. She might want to have her photograph taken. But told us in jest, she won't talk to me anymore had I brought my precious gadget. hahaha!!

I went home pass 12mn already.

No comments: