Friday, August 8, 2008

happy weekend =)

They say..today, August 8, 2008 [888] with the combination of the lucky numbers is said to be the Lucky day of this Year of the Rat. The appropriate day to get marry, according to some. This must be an extraordinary day for weddings and births because of the number 8. In Chinese, this number symbolizes wealth.

Oh my gosh, the Olympic starts today, right? Pretty big day in Beijing. 'Punta tayo don!'[let's go there] [chuckles], my usual punchline when I think of a place I wanna go to. I heard, it is to start at 8PM.

Goodluck team PHILIPPINES!!! GO FOR GOLD!

This morning, I gave my students a quiz in Anatomy, checked their assignments and proceeded with my lesson. Few more chapters to discuss. The term is set to end next week. Whew!

After class, my former student, Jackie visited and treat us [some of her classmates] all in the nearby eatery. She even brought 3 boxes of pizza. She misses her classmates and the latter [including me] will be missing her when she leaves for work in the US [char!].

Before lunch, louie lead the prayer. I'm glad seeing my students bond early this term. I look forward to a stronger, harmonious relationship they have started.

Food really is best tasted when shared. We were like a big, happy family!! Bonding would never be complete without pictures so we consumed the remaining space of the memory card on my Digi. Click! Click! Click! Captured all moments..Haaay..College life..

We're really happy to see Jackie again. Whenever her classmates starts to sing friendship songs, she becomes emotional and couldn't hold back the tears. She was overwhelmed on how her classmates cares and loves their Ate [older sister]. She never felt like that before, she shares. She never thought a teacher like me, would join and have fun with them out
there!

Well, Jack. Apart from being your Classroom Instructor, I am also your friend. When I am at school, you noticed how I maintained a harmonious teacher-student relationship. I maybe strict most of the time but then those are for your own good.
Thank you for the respect you have given me. I appreciate that a lot.

Outside, I am your sister, your friend. I can be of help to any of my students for as long as I could, most especially in their studies. I, too was once a student. I know the feeling of having sacrifices, difficulties and overcoming them all.

Thank you, Jackie. Keep in touch, ok?

I started this post at the internet library at school awhile ago but one of the Admin Staff will use the unit I was using, i saved its draft and logged-out. When Ma'am G went back, I left with consent.

Been to Rural Bank, paid the electric bill and on my way out, my sister texted to check on her mail. Her classmate would send her something. I checked. No latest mail yet.

Now, i am here at Glorenz Cafe. It's their 4th year Anniversary. Hmmm..One of the Cafe attendant welcomed yours truly with a smile and greeted him/her [somewhat confused of the gender] 'happy anniversary!'

They served tummy-filling snacks to its customers. And for today, they charged ONLY P10/hour. How is that for a treat? My cellphone is low batt. I couldn't text my sister, I haven't memorize her new number yet. When i came here, there were like 4 customers but now, I guess the virus has been spread. Customers kept coming. The ship is already full! [chuckles]

until my next post, ciao!

No comments: