Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ladies and the Bags

Bags! Bags! Bags!
Bags are a must-have for every girls. Ladies. Women. Women-by-heart. Its their priced possession. Fulfills their simple pleasures. Its a necessity. Its a passion. Its fashion. Who could ever forget the line from the movie WHITE CHICK, running after the snatcher of the lead character's precious bag. "It's not just a bag. Its PRADA." says  in an girly way. 

Most of my bags are inexpensive. If I find it cute, classy, chic, if it pleases my eyes, nice to go with my clothes, I buy it. My sister and I sort of collected bags of our own. 

Why am I posting this? Recently, I've met someone who loves collecting designer bags.  She was my co-participant in our 1 whole week of Seminar under TESDA.  According to her, most of her bags are purchased and some were given as a gift by her Aunt abroad. They just happen to start buying and buying and ended up with more bags in the shelf they could have imagine. No, she's not boastful in telling us about this.  

Speaking of gifts, it made me remember of the NINE WEST shoulder bags given by our Aunt Betty last 2001.  I never knew that line of bag is known in the U.S. till I met Ma'am Jen.  

She related to us she intends to purchase a cabinet meant only for her cared for, luxurius bags. I guess she has collected more than what we are thinking.  

Anne and I stared at each other when she began sharing the lines of designer bags she has in her room. There's Burberry, Liz Claiborne, XoXo, Louis Vitton, Channel, GUCCI, Ralph Lauren and a lot more. I have seen some line of bags which were featured in Tyra, E! News and shows showcasting the collections of celebrities'  designer and very expensive bags.  From wristlets to purse to clutch to trolley bags. 


According to Ma'am Jen, these designer bags has longer shelf life. It's worth keeping for her. Maybe pricey yet trendy. Fashionably satisfying. Looks simple but you never know, its worth a weekly budget for a middle class family. 

No comments: