Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Shelter for the Elderly's

After my class this afternoon, I went to the Temporary Shelter for the Elderly Women to confirm the next batch of trainees who will have their OJT. While waiting for Sister Minda, I looked upon the Elderly's profile and their day-to-day activities posted along the corridors. I remembered my Lola Lucing and Lola Ibay. My Lola Lucing is still alive and could still carry a load of laundry on a basin. [chuckles]

It's my 2nd time to go there. The first time was when I submitted the communication letter but never got the chance to see the Elderly's. They were already in their respective beds that time for an afternoon rest. Today, I get to finally see them. God, I miss my Lola(s).

Oh well, these people has come to their late adulthood stage. A stage of realization, of mesmerizing things that happened in their life.

The said place is run by the Camillian Sisters headed by Sister Minda. I had a short talk with her concerning the number of trainees and to check also the performance of the present OJTs. So far, so good. Our students are doing their task well.

No comments: