Saturday, February 28, 2009

When laughter takes a consequence...

Have you had the feeling of being punished for not doing anything? No, I never said a word or act violently or ridiculously towards a person.  It's like by chance, you face a consequence. A consequence which makes you feel down and very upsetting.

Just this afternoon, Chem and I were chatting when some funny answers from i-wont-tell-na-lang made us almost to roll on the floor laughing.  We paused for awhile, rest. Continued what we are doing then the bulb flickered and I thought of something will happen later as a trade. I felt bad. My mood shifted but I shrug it off. Whatever, i told myself.

The review was supposed to end at 8pm. We were asked until what time daw kami. I answered, till 7pm only so we were given a P300 for our dinner. Chem and Essa were holding back themselves to received the money.  I refused to received it in a nice way.  [yes, ako na naman ang sumagot]. We were having our late snack na din kasi.  yeah, I know we could have received it na lang sana.  But I don't feel the sincerity of the approach.

By the way, THANK YOU ESSA for the CHOCOLATE SMOOTH CAKE you brought from RED RIBBON. Thank you for being thoughtful!!

Thank you also to Genelyn for the softdrinks..ahhh..thirst-quenching!!

Going back, the approach kasi was like handing in the money without looking at the person. Parang may doubts na unsa ba.  Duh, whatever. I would treat my two friends more than the worth of that P300. Mag e enjoy pa kami.

In addendum, I would like to voice out something. A family friend, actually my mother's friend bump with my sister in a fast-food chain few days ago.  She asked how my sister's studies is doing and asked her about me taking the Board Exam, "Di po siya nag take Auntie, problema po ulit sa birth certificate niya". Her reaction daw was like in disbelief, with frowned eyebrows pa, ang dami ng sinabi. My sister felt irritated when she related it to me.  I felt bad. Nanay ko ba siya? Kairita! pwede ba?I Naglagot jud ko niya. Sometimes, people can be annoying.  My day would come, remember that!! 

I shouldn't be feeling like this. Siguro napapraning na naman ako. Minsan kasi di maiiwasan, na feeling mo napag iiwanan ka na. Pero di naman. I love what I am doing. Sometimes nga lang I mind people's comment. It makes me down na naman. Dinadaan ko na nga lang sa tawa minsan eh but I remained sane.  Yung ibang tao, sobrang taas ng tingin nila sa sarili nila, di nila alam nakakasakit na sila.  I'm only human, fragile to being emotional. Thank God, my supportive and loving family is always there for me.  I love them so much.

When we were in College, on our way to Davao for a night duty, my groupmates and I kept on laughing inside the bus till we get to our boarding house.  Few hours before our duty, I went to visit my friend in the neighboring street to hand-in some typing jobs.  When I was about to take another step, I accidentally stepped on a wooden platform covering a small manhole. In a snap, I found my other leg slipped on a small hole. I was able to get hold and asked for my friends help. She helped me go up.  Thankfully, my right leg was never dipped unto a foul-smelling drainage. I had abrasions as a remembrance.  I was wearing shorts kasi at that time.  I tried to hide it from my boardmates but all of them seemed to notice my unusual way of walking.  So, I told them what happened and uttered "Eto na yung kapalit ng kakatawa ko kanina..[This is the trade of my non-stop laughing awhile ago].."  

I know things happen for a reason. I guess I was just paranoid to think of linking things to a situation. They said laughter is the best medicine. Therapeutic, that is. But how come when something good happens, something bad sets in?

No comments: