Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My first time in GenSan

General Santos City.  The "Tuna Capital of the Philippines". Oh, how I wish we could actually explore the place but that was not our main purpose of going there. 

Today is our Examination day for the National Assessment for Health Care Services NC II.  

7:00am..Chem and I meet up at the Bus Terminal. This friend of mine is not the typical traveller. She hates long travels for it triggers her motion sickness [ya know what i mean]. But then, she was able to get over it when we were in College. 

7:30am..Rode a Deluxe Holiday Bus. While waiting, I told Chem there's an unattended bag on the opposite side of our seat, on my right side. She smiled at me, somewhat telling me I'm just freaking paranoid. Maybe the owner went to comfort room, bought something or went somewhere else. 

I was just trying to be observant and alert at that time. I was thinking of our safety and security. A lot of "What If's" were running through my mind.  My eyes was like roaming and inspecting, making sure all belongings inside the bus is placed beside its owners.  But that bag, it stayed there for almost 15minutes. It made me more anxious. 15minutes, for crying out loud! Inspite of this, I was apparently calm. 

Where the heck is the owner of that bag? Pass 25minutes, still no one is seated next to it and I was totally scared. I looked at Chem and was about to stand to report to the Bus driver when a middle aged man came through and finally seated next to the bag, which freaked the heck out of me and gave me goosebumps. I was a bit relieved. Chem finally heard me talking.  

In a minute, the bus driver began manipulating the bus' steering wheel. Prayed to God to bless our trip. I looked at the person who owned the bag. "If he only knew", says my mind, then laid my back comfortably on the seat looking ahead on the road. 

On our way, Chem slept the whole time while inside the bus. Me? I was busy sight seeing though at times, I take a nap. The road going to GenSan made me dizzy for awhile. I just needed to close my eyes. 

9:33am..we're finally in General Santos City. I was texting Ma'am Sol where were we and extended her wishes for us. I'm the type of person who wants to remember the landmarks of the places i went to, most especially if its my first time.

10am..Dropped ourselves infront of Gaisano Mall. Our dear friend Van was waiting for us outside the mall. We headed to the comfort zone for ladies to freshen up and to pee. The trip caused our digestive organs to complain, waiting for something to digest. Van took us to SPAZIO, hmmm actually my first time there and its meals looked and sounded delectable. Anyways, the tres marias [3 ladies] ordered pasta. We didn't pass the moment to take pictures and even asked one of its staff to take our photos. Thanks Mister! 

We chatted while enjoying our meal and decided to go to HTC after lunch. 

1:00pm..At the entrance of HTC, we were welcomed with trophies, plaques and other memorabilias of achievements and recognition of the school. Amazing! We were accomodated by its staff, assisted us in filling up forms and guided us throughout the application process. 

Skills Demonstration examination and interview pushed through. 
Chem and I did our very best and it paid-off.
WE PASSED THE HEALTH CARE SERVICES NC II ASSESSMENT
Thank GOD!

Thank you so much to the HCS Department of the HTC for such a warm welcome and accomodation.  To Ma'am Cynthia, the School Nurse; Ma'am Lia, HCS Department Head; Ma'am Jane, one of the Faculty members and to the Assessor Ma'am CM. Our profound gratitude. Until our next meeting.

Thank you also to our friend Van who accompanied us. You are such a blessing. GOD BLESS!! Before heading home, we passed by KCC Mall and dined at Mandarin. But, of course! Something should be celebrated. After which, we strolled around for awhile and then parted ways. 
The bus left the Terminal at 7:50pm. I guess that was the last trip back to Digos City. Chem and I settled at the backseat of the driver. I sent a text message to Papa that his dear daughter is on her way home. I don't want him to worry kasi eh.

10pm..I'm home. Tired but happy. Exhausted but fulfilled. Thank you, Lord! It was a worth-it travel. What we've gone through was not easy. It was tough. I could still feel some body malaise. It's been a while since I did some body mechanics.  I just pray our students would surpass all the competencies. 

Hopefully, soon. Goodnight, everyone!! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. =)

No comments: