Monday, March 16, 2009

My Birthday!

It's my birthday and also the 72nd Araw ng Davao. I decided to wear striped-violet polo shirt paired with a denim jeans.  I used to wear white uniforms during Mondays but since its my natal day, i declared my free day [chuckles]. Happy birthday also to my Dear Mother. Love you always, Ma!

Ma'am Sol greeted me first. She was talking with Ma'am Julie of Rudy's Art. I dropped by her office for awhile, responded "Thank you". Saw our pictures for the Souvenir program. We all looked beautiful. Thanks Ma'am Julie!

When I entered the room, I was flooded by greetings of my students. They were all looking at me with smiles on their faces. They couldn't believed I am already 30 years old..[wow, flattered!] I don't look my age daw..[wow na naman!!] My secret? Stay happy.

I gave their final exams first [nosebleeding..torture for them----> hehehe] then treat them all with an ice cream. Pasensiya ang absent. Di makaka ice cream..hehehe. We took pictures while enjoying cookies 'n cream. Hope they all loved it! I could sense it anyway. Their appreciation made my heart cheers in joy. I love making people happy. You're all welcome!

Lunch time, Mui came. We had lunch with some of our students. 

This afternoon, we are to start their Final Exam: Skills Demonstration for their upcoming NC 2 exam. Hope they all passed! From phase 1-4. Exhausting talaga kasi you had to Start Housekeeping, do handwashing [no assuming, please!] then Making Bed without patient then with patient. Then, transport patient and do transferring from bed to wheelchair, wheelchair to bed then proceed with Handling waste in an Environment. We kept on reminding them to make use of the proper body mechanics.  Correct folding means correct bed making.

The first two pairs seemed very nervous. They were mistakes. They missed on small things that shoudn't be forgotten. So, Ma'am Chem and I reminded them to take note of their errors. Pardon our strict mode, it's for their own good. In-between return demonstrations, my cellphone never run out of messages, it just keeps pouring in. Glad to hear my Aunt's voice who works in Dubai. She called to greet me. Hope to see you soon, auntie! Take good care of yourself, always.

Pass 4pm, when everybody is exhausted, we felt hungry. I asked them what flavor of ice cream would they prefer. Chocolate, Rocky Road, Cookies 'n Cream but Double dutch top their choices. The second year students bought a cake for me at GOLDILOCKS. ayyyy, how sweet!

Just like any birthday celebration, there's this blowing of candles. I just can't get it why 4 little violet [my favorite color recently] candles were given to them. I'd understand if it was 3, representing 3 centuries [hahaha, parang ang tanda ko na, kasicenturies...hahaha!!]" What am i 40?", I asked in jest. We all laughed out loud.

We paused for awhile, the celebrant lead the prayer. We all shared the sweet foods with people from the Admin, Faculty members and students of PM session. We took pictures as remembrance. Ophelei's new 'gigicam' [our very own term for digicam] has super steady shot, we all look gorgeous in it. Captured every movement at its own pace. 

Around 6:38pm, we parted ways. Everybody said "Thank you." I always responded, "You're welcome." Kulang na lang, "Thank you, come again". Hahahaha!!!

I left school almost 7pm carrying a box of cake. My sister and our working were busy cooking when I got home. So little time to prepare, I went outside to buy additional viands. 

I only had few visitors. Thank you Auntie Gemma, En-en, Reina and hubby Anthony for dropping by. Some of my friends were in Davao, were on-duty at the Hospital, somewhere else [chuckles]. 

Pass 9pm, lalai, fresh from Davao came by with her bro and sister. We talked to catch up on things and whereabouts.

I slept around 1am after printing some paper works. Gosh, tomorrow is another day. Thank you, dear Lord for this day. I had a very wonderful day. Looking forward for another 30 years of my life. Goodnight, everyone!

1 comment:

Patzs said...

Belated Happy Birthday Dearest! I'm gonna have one wish for you, to make sure God won't miss it. I wish you become a Licensed Nurse this June 2009. I love you dear!