Sunday, March 15, 2009

30 wishes for my 30th birthday

Exactly 45 minutes from now, I'm turning 30. Wow! 30 years of living on earth, facing struggles, battling trials, surviving, enjoying life's precious moments. 30 years old would now reflect in my resume's or when filling up any form..not 28, not 29 but 30 years old. The middle adulthood stage. Makes me remember the stages of Growth and Development I once imparted to my students. This age also puts a person at high risk for pregnancy. I know.

What it's like? What's the feeling? I still feel the same thing, same as I felt during my twenties. 30 is only a number, a value. That doesn't change anything. I still am the jolly, sometimes childish bern you knew. There will never be change but will have progress.

Few days ago, 13 going 30 was shown on HBO. I've always love that Movie. I love the eagerness of Jenna in fighting for her love, making her realize and value the true meaning of friendship and love. That friendships [some] does blossoms into love.

Yesterday, MMK on ABS-CBN features the story of an old maid. Were those signs? I don't know. I just laugh at it. People at home would tease me.

In my 30 years, I never regret anything. I may have experience difficult times in achieving my dreams and accomplishing my task but in every way or another, I have given my best.Though sometimes, it just wasn't good enough but I'll try harder and will never give up.

Thanks to those early birds who sent their greetings via text messaging. To my students who made their advance greetings [magkikita pa din naman tayo bukas].

I'm now at a point in my life where people around me would kept asking why until now i'm not yet married. "Why?", they asked. "Why?", I asked myself. I guess I was too busy with my life to be bothered by the thought of settling down. I believed in Destiny. I know God has a purpose why until now I'm single. Single but happy. Free. No heartaches, no pain, no misery [chuckles]. My friends would surely send in their comments or call me when they get to read this.

I actually have a lot of wishes. Few of them were already accomplished and came to reality on the first quarter of this year. Thank you GOD for all the blessings and for the upcoming ones. Good or bad, it's still a blessing. But I'd still prefer the good ones [chuckles].

I wish..
1. Good health [not just for me, but including my family, my pets, my friends and my relatives]
2. To be health-conscious [geez, i'm not getting any younger, right]
3. Peace of Mind and Happiness
4. To be more GOD-fearing and believe more in His power
5. To be a blood donor
6. To have additional photo albums [for my gazillion photographs that almost clogged my PC], to own a CANON IXUS or SONY CYBERSHOT digital camera, to have more pucca and pooh stuffs [keeps the child in me]
7. Birth certificate's annotation to be finally updated on NSO's main office
8. To go to Tagaytay, Boracay and Subic
9. To save more and be stable, financially [admit it, who wouldn't want to include this on their list], to be thrifty [although i know how to save, still i'm a slight impulsive]
10. For Love life [?] ahmm..wait till he comes in my life. i think he's on his way [chuckles]
11. For the much prayed-for license
12. Our yearbook will be release soon
13. To be more productive and creative
14. To be a more effective educator
15. To learn more skills training
16. To have an aquarium or that little fountain inside our home
17. Get hold of a passport
18. Learn to speak Spanish and Italian
19. To learn how to drive a motorcycle and hopefully own one
20. To obtain a driver's license [a mandatory requirement of course when owning a vehicle, right?]
21. To buy a CD/DVD writer
22. Learn new software application
23. To volunteer and serve my community
24. To buy our own lechon tray [i've always wanted to dropped by Sta. Cruz or Bato whenever I go to Davao to buy one sana but I keep on posponing the opportunity]
25. To own a resort
26. To own an internet cafe
27. To have a small business on personalized stuffs [the one that makes personalized mugs, etc.]
28. To travel and work abroad
29. To take and pass NCLEX exam
30. To be more tough [leave NEGATIVISM behind, please!] and responsible to stand for my family. I love you so Papa and Bingkay!

Before I end this post, Happy birthday as well to my dear Mother Delia. She may not already with us by flesh but her memories will always linger in our hearts. Love you, Ma! Don't worry, i'll take care of Papa and my sister. I'll make you proud. I will pass that exam for you and for GOD's glory. May it be my time.

Happy Birthday to myself! GOD BLESS 3o-year-old bern =)

No comments: