Saturday, March 20, 2010

Learning more about the Lola's

Today is the Graduating Class' Recollection at San Isidro Church. Graduation is forthcoming next Wednesday. I dropped by at School first before heading to church. Had to meet up with the Registrar concerning the academic standing of one of our students.

At the church, the Graduating class officers handed in the remembrance T-shirts with an Adviser printed at the back. Thank you, guyz! :) Lunch time came, we started distributing the foods for each student. It was a good experience. Na happy jud ko. :) Jopet, Van and I had a short talk may our students learn the value of this whole day event and instill in their minds the moral lessons people from the church imparted. I do pray also for the reconciliation of someone very close to me. May our minds be enlightened! You Take care always. Keep safe :)

At 2:30pm, we headed to the Shelter for the Elderly. Our students interaction with the Elderly's at the Camillian continues. People there including Sister Minda were glad to have us back since most of the Lola's [tagalog term for Elderly's] has seen quite improvement most especially their human relations. We, the Faculty from HCS Department is thankful also to the Camillian Sisters for gracing us the time to spend with the Lola's.

Truly, you became our extended family. Caring for the Elderly is not that easy. Sometimes, you feel sorry and pity towards them knowing some of their family members still exist. But no matter what, we're here for you Lola's and we'll continue to visit you often times. We love you so.

One of the jolly Lola in the Shelter is Lola Lila. She has a sharp memory. She could remember ones identity by means of holding on to her palms. I was touched when one instance I introduced myself to her and told her that I am one of the Instructors of the trainees who were taking care of them. She uttered my fullname and my designation when I hold on to her palms. She was about to tell me something but that time, dinner is served for them. Yup, as early as 5pm kasi they had to go to bed early also. Don't worry Lola Lila, we'll be back on Monday. I am missing you already.

While waiting for our students to finished doing after care, I continued conversing with Sister Minda. She handed me this clear book and I was surprised to see an array of the Blessed Virgin Mary's photos. It became her hobby of collecting pictures of the Sacred Our lady from all over the world. She had an extraordinary collection. Now, she began collecting photos of different churches and she related she'll start with the ancient ones. Told her am gonna take pictures of churches in Luzon or where ever may pagkalaagan takes me..hehehe! When I get the chance to have a short vacation.

We never went back to San Isidro 'cause we thought they finished as scheduled. We headed home instead. My day was not put to waste. :) Thank God for the guidance and for leading me to the good side as what You always do to people who believe in You.

No comments: